Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday Weekend with Cousins

This past weekend we went down to Hillsboro for a quick trip. We haven't been down as a family since Bryce was a baby. The kids were super excited-Mike couldn't drive fast enough for their liking. :)
Soon after we arrived Maddy & Em were playing together in the girls room, and Doug & Bryce were playing away in the boys room. My 2 were in hog heaven! :)
I overheard Em asking Maddy "Maddy-do you want me to sleep with you in your bed tonight?" lol. Apparently my daughter missed the memo about sleeping at the hotel. Maddy liked the idea too though so.....
and what the girls do-the boys shouldn't miss out on either right? Doug apparently wanted to come spend the night with Bryce at the hotel! Bryce was SUPER happy about that idea! They played on the iPads until they fell asleep & devoured warm cinnamon rolls first thing after waking up. 
Bryce had a blast playing the Wii. We don't have a game system (on purpose) and so he was pretty much glued to it 24-7. Grandma was kind enough to oblige playing the dang thing with him over and over. :)


Like I said-we haven't been to the Tell's house in years-so it was fun to see all the changes to the house too. The bonus room turned out BEAUTIFUL! The wall color, the floors.....stunning. Not that I expected any less. :)

Before we knew it, departure time was upon us. Em was NOT happy about that-so she hid in the closet. Which Maddy thought was odd-and was quick to tell us of Em's whereabouts. lol
EmmaLee had a great time with her cousin & is hoping to get together for some girl time again this summer. What a fun idea. It is nice that they are close in age & get along so nicely. Though the age gap between Doug & Bryce didn't seem to be a problem. Doug was kind enough to share all his toys & teach Bryce how to use the Wii, and didn't seem bothered by Bryce too much. I'm not sure I was as patient when I was a child his age. Bravo Doug! In the car on the way to the hotel, Douglas told Bryce "You know Bryce, I'm your Brother! I just happen to live at a different house"! Awwwww.
Bryce's response: "I know!" ha ha ha


It was a good trip-hopefully we can meet up & let the cousins play again this summer. Em has been begging ever since we got back on the road to home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment