Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Sewing Trade

BIG thanks to my dad & Kathleen for getting me a sewing machine for christmas! I finally broke it out of the box & after a few zanex (kidding) I was ready to read the book & find out how to even START the thing! lol

(mike-finding this whole process amusing-decided to take an attractive pict of me reading the manual-thank goodness for the included DVD tutorial or I would have been totally lost! gesh)
anywhooo-all that to say, after calling my mom for a pep talk-where she reminded me of all the things I've actually sewn in my life (which for some reason my mind had chosen to forget about????) I felt pretty confident in being a TAD better than novice. A TAD. However-that being said-I accomplished everything on my to-do list for the night!
Emma will be THRILLED with this new towel I made her birthday. 
As well as the tank top favors that I made for each of the girls coming to her ARIEL party! They aren't the object of perfection, seeing as I am NOT a master seamstress, however-Em adores them & is so excited to hand them out, so that's all that matters I guess.


Em LOVED watching me sew-LOVED it. I gave her a few quick lessons, and she was a natural. Yay! She has even asked Nana to buy her a "sewer" when she is a little bigger. Nana said absolutely :) She even promised Em that together they would sew a couple dresses for her AG dolls when Nana visits this easter. Easter can't come soon enough for her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive