Tuesday, January 24, 2012

12 Days of Christmas-Love my Poobee

This year Mike took a different approach to gifts for me for xmas. He decided on celebrating over 12 days instead of 1. Who am I to complain about that! ;) Though these aren't ALL the things he gave me, they are the ones I remembered to photograph (in case this NEVER happens again. lol)
1 dozen roses-they were GORGEOUS!
He made me this kiddie stool-I've wanted one for years. He looked up a pattern for a Restoration Hardware knockoff. LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is how I found it-under the tree one afternoon. It looks even better now that he stained it & put my babies footprints on it! I fall more in love with it everyday-seriously-it is my most FAVORITE ever. No contest.



He helped me make a growth chart for the kids one day....love.

Another day I found (in the tree) a gift certificate to a local pub-with THE WORLDS BEST food! Hands down. Sooooo scrumptious. :) Hey-don't judge me-I grew up on pub food (though British pub food is WAY better :)
Then he took me on a date one day to an antique mall in Yakima. It was SUPER cold out that day, but I loved it. I even found our "prancer's collar" at one of the shops! :) There was a large vintage tin milk jug at one of the shops & I am still kicking myself for not getting it. Boooooo. :)

A couple of the other days I remember:
-The first morning I woke up to my favorite beverage from D&M and I knew this whole thing was off to a fantastic start! he he he
-another morning I woke up to find a box of my favorite chocolates on the dresser (even though Peyton and Brinkley got to them before I had a chance-the thought was nice, and my butt didn't need those attached to it anyhow :)
-one day during xmas break we even took a special trip to Issaquah to go antiquing. SO fun! There was a glorious wooden ladder that I wanted SUPER bad but of course it had an "amazing" price tag attached :(
It was a great christmas season-I don't give a HOOT who thinks we are sappy, or mushy or cheesy. This December-we were in our own little world & life was sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive