Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Football-all bad???

Football sucks. Truthfully here aren't many things in life that I find as annoying. EXCEPT......foodball food-is pretty much AMAZING! What's not to like about appetizers galore? Last night I came across this recipe from my friend Matt.
Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup!
Believe me when I say, it is a heavenly bite of fall goodness! Then again, one of my weaknesses is Buffalo Chicken Wings-or ANYTHING with Franks Red Hot on it! lol. I normally don't like anything spicy-or as Kathleen would say "I don't do spicier than Ketchup" :) but Franks Red Hot....there's just something' about it.
We tried it out for dinner last night & I can't wait for leftovers tonight. It's a recipe worth sharing. Beware though-serve this at a party & the pot will get licked too! Recipe makes enough for 4 servings. Enjoy! And you're welcome in advance :)
(picture is from Matt's blog-we didn't wait to make ours look this pretty :)
Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup

1 small onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
4 Tbs butter
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
14 oz. Can chicken broth
2 cups cooked & diced chicken 
8 oz. Velveeta cheese
½ cup Franks Red Hot or Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
Bleu Cheese Crumbles (if desired)

Cook onion and celery in butter until tender, stir in flour. SLOWLY whisk in milk and chicken broth. Add chicken. Add velveeta and stir until melted. Add hot sauce, sour cream and sprinkle with bleu cheese to your taste preference. Cook low, stirring constantly until heated through and bleu cheese is melted. SERVE!
I used rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (like I do with every chicken dish-ttt...ttt....lazy me. I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment