Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Still Crafting up Christmas

This year for Christmas, my kids are each getting a homemade kit that can easily be stored and refilled when necessary. Hopefully it will make my life a little easier in the process too! :) 
Bryce is getting his own Play-Doh stash w/tools, various cutters & about 20 tubs of different colors of Play-Doh. He'll be over the moon I can assure you, and hopefully he'll stay out of my school supplies now. :) The best part-when he's done creating to his hearts content, he can shove it all back in the blue box & pop it on the shelf! Woo-Hoo!! (well one can dream anyways...)
EmmaLee is getting her own Cooking/Baking Kit-need I say more? This mini chef is getting hooked up! Check out her loot! She's been begging for those Kitchen Aid PINK measuring cups :)
For some of the "little" sized friends in our life....I made them each a Travel Kit! 
Each kiddo has their own bag with attached personalized luggage tag...the inside is complete with various contents such as:
- travel tokens & dollar bills to be earned at their parents discretion when traveling....the point is for the tokens to be cashed in for a little prize at the end of the drive. 
-a cookie sheet (thank you Dollar Tree) with Magnetic Street Sign Tic Tac Toe & Tokens markers
-a dry erase marker with a few hard laminated travel games such as: I SPY "road edition", SLUG BUG, and Alphabet Search (you know that game you played when you were little....first one to find all 26 letters along the drive wins....)
My preschoolers made these fun ornaments for their parents....just a little white acrylic painted handprint around a non-breakable ornament....then I used my HORRIFIC painting skills to turn each finger into a snowman-cut out a tag with my Cricut and viola!... Simple but oh so cute!
 And lastly-my students helped put these together for their parent gifts this year....I put the vinyl names on the front, they ran their photos on scrapbook paper through my Zyron sticker machine & attached it to an acrylic block. Stuck a couple magnet strips on back, & you have the BEST magnet on your fridge! They are even cuter all wrapped up in the kid created Chinese Take-Out box/turned into a Snowman....
Is it Christmas YET????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive