Friday, September 21, 2012

Valley of Smoke

The Table Mountain fires (from the lightning we had 2 weeks ago) are still not contained. Which means we have been inhaling smoke for 2 weeks. EmmaLee started soccer before she started school. She has had a total of 2 practices and 1 game day-all others have been cancelled due to poor air quality. When I mean poor-I mean dangerous. This morning Emma woke up all excited because it was "going to snow" outside. Ummmm-nope. That isn't cold air out there honey-that is smoke. My friend Rachel took these this MORNING. This is the sky we have been looking at & air we have been breathing day in & day out for 2 weeks. 
Scary huh?



Emma has yet to experience an outside recess at school. Mike & I have been popping Ibuprofen like it is water just to take the edge off the headaches this is causing. The house smells like a campfire & even the dogs are panting. Ugh. I know there are hundreds of firefighters working on this-one has even died. People are loosing their homes. I heard today that what we are breathing in here in Ellensburg for just one day is like living in heavy LA smog for a week! That is nuts. My throat is on fire & I haven't spent time outside in a week. The kids are still doing fine-but how long can that last? Can't take much more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment