Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Pirates Life for Me!

Pirates of the Caribbean has been on ABC family all week-which has put this little man in the mood for his party like no other! He and I went to the party store yesterday & he threw in as much "Jack Sparrow" stuff as he could find claiming "we NEED this too for my pawty Mom!" Among the many items were inflatable pirate swords for his friends to play with in the pool! On the way home he told me we needed to find the "pirate fighting song" on i-tunes to play at his party. (Soundtrack from Pirates movie) Goodness-you gotta love him. My sweet cheeks boy.
When I asked what he wants to feed his friends at this shin dig he gave me this list:
olvins (olives)
carrots & white dippy (ranch)
Dominoes pizza-cheese and peppa-woni :)
woot-bea (rootbeer)
pom pom cakes (push pop cakes-like his favorite popsicles. Requested flavor: chocolate with coconut frosting! that actually sounds good to me! like almond joys :)

So with that in mind-we decided we'd better get crackin' on some of this party stuff.
It has been a beautiful day here in the valley today! Perfect weather to get ready for that special event Mr B has coming up....his Pirates of the Caribbean birthday!
He spent the afternoon painting portholes to put on his ship...
 While I sketched a the pirate ship on some of the cardboard-thanks to the packaging of our fabulous cabinetry. :)
 Then B set to work with my skill saw-tongue poking out & all. If you know B, you know what that means!
He LOVED it! I navigated the saw while he squeezed the trigger. That's what you call little boy bliss!
He cut some rectangles & painted them red for an "X" marks the spot decoration.


And painted some scraps brown for other various decor.

I figured we'd get around to painting the ship & tavern sign we cut on another day but...my helper wasn't tuckered out yet so-we pushed on and painted the masts, ship & sign.

Granted THIS ONE took a few breaks to: potty in the yard & mow the lawn but....


If only you could hear him in this pict. He's singing Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls". Someone is raisin' him right huh? On nursery rhymes & Classic Rock!
The good news is we got all the painting done & out of the way!
Thus ended our projects for the day-one little fella pleased as punch & dirty as I'll get out! =SUCCESS!

SOOOOO Bryce-holes in the knees of filthy jeans, spiderman jammies underneath the actual attire, a chocolate covered face. :) and it's only noon. Ah, life with boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment